Are you concerned about a friend or family member who is facing the difficult holiday season ahead as they struggle with grief? Here are some easy and practical suggestions for helping them cope during the holidays.
- When you think about them, immediately email, text or call them to just say “Hi” and let them know you are there for them.
- Send a Christmas card with a personal note of encouragement, comfort and support.
- Give them a meaningful Christmas present that evokes special memories of their loved one.
- Share your favorite memories of their loved one.
- When you make your favorite Christmas recipe, make a little extra and deliver it to them.
- Offer to help them do their Christmas shopping.
- Invite them over for a holiday meal and/or activities at your home.
- Invite them to go out for a drive to see the Christmas lights and decorations.
- Invite them to a Christmas play, pageant…
View original post 199 more words